RALEIGH ARCHIVE FOR SALE
The Director of the Henry Raleigh Archive announces that the complete archive is being offered for sale. After collecting Henry Raleigh’s original artwork for the past twenty fine years, Chris Raleigh has decided to sell the collection to a single institution, art dealer or private collector.
The Henry Raleigh Archive is the largest single collection of the original Henry Raleigh illustrations. In addition to Original artwork, the archive contains many wonderful sketches, lithographs, engravings and other historically important items relative to his art and to the period in which he worked.
The Archive Includes 450 items as follows:
- 68 – Framed original story illustrations
- 4 – Framed prints of illustrations- sold
- 6 – Original concept sketches
- 6 – Original WWI posters
- 1 – Henry’s Raleigh’s personal scrapbook
- 15 – Engravings & lithographs
- 39 – Original sketches & model studies
- 1 – Framed print with Fitzgerald letter
- 26 – Hard cover books illustrated by Raleigh
- 48 – Magazines with Raleigh illustrations
- 1 – American Artist Magazine, Sept. 1953
- 2 – Letters regarding Raleigh’s war posters
- 1 – Letter from Herbert Hoover
- 25 – Letters from authors regarding Raleigh’s art
- 34 – Letters from art directors
- 3 – Letters from Alfred Stieglitz regarding art purchases
- 13 – Photos of Henry and his family
- 20 – Graphic images of magazine pages
- 26 – Mounted mag. pages of archive originals
- 31 – Mounted mag. pages of Raleigh illustrations
- 80 – Magazine pages of Raleigh’s ads
For further information please go to the contact page of the website.
You will receive a quick response.
Thank you for your interest,